We are making changes to our newsletter! Coming in September is a whole new look and feel and we can’t wait to share it with you.
We welcome writing and photo submissions from freelance writers, photographers, and artists using the freelance submission guidelines below.
MLAHA serves the Arabian horse community of the Mother Lode region of Northern California and we welcome owners of all breeds. Our updated magazine format supports members and our horse community with informative and useful information. While we do focus on Arabians, much of the information we provide is valuable for all breeds.
- Article submissions should range from 500 to 1000 words. Including a selection of high-resolution photos is welcome and a bonus!
- Photo submissions should be high resolution, cover photos should be 8.5″ x 11″.
- Photographers and writers will be credited within the issue.
What we are looking for:
- Arabian Horses – anything and everything Arabian!
- Cover photos of Arabians for upcoming issues
- Area equestrian events
- Horse training, riding, and showing in any discipline
- What’s new in tack and apparel
- Show etiquette, showing tips, and techniques
- Horse health, grooming, feeding, and more
- Tack room and barn organization
- Wildfire and emergency preparation
- Trail riding
- Interviews with trainers and youth members
- Equestrian books, travel, tourism, and more
- Horse humor
- Equestrian gift-giving ideas
- Member perspectives
- And more…
- November 2022: Winter Care, Gift Giving Guide
- January 2023: Coming soon
- March 2023: Show Season, Fuzzy Wuzzy
- May 2023: Coming soon
- July 2023: Beat the Heat
- September 2023: Trail
- November 2023: Winter Care, Gift Guide
Do you have a press release related to horses, horse products, events, and more? Send it our way and we will consider printing it or sharing the information on our blog or Facebook page. We reserve the right to edit submissions to fit the allotted space.
Submissions can be sent to email@example.com. Contact us to send large photos via Dropbox or Google.